Thread: 128i Inquiry
View Single Post
      05-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #26
cricri
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

My 2009 128 has been flawless so far, it's got around 40000kms at the moment. I let the dealer (in Laval) do the maintenance whenever the onboard computer tells me to and I check the oil every week (had to fill up once). Other than that I've got a sidewall bubble on one of my runflats and have been driving like this for a year and a half without issues. I'll be putting on new runflats this month (yes I like RFT unlike so many others here).

If you get a used 128 try to get the sport and premium package this way you get the xenon headlights too.

The suspension is the biggest issue on these cars imo. I've got the sport package and even then the car doesn't feel planted at high speed (120kmh+) and really doesn't inspire confidence when taking high speed turns. Could be the suspension, tires, staggered setup.. not sure. Gas mileage is not awesome either, the low tank warning comes on after about 350kms of city driving. In all other aspects it's been perfect and has exceeded my expectations.

Last edited by cricri; 05-18-2011 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0