View Single Post
      07-09-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

BMW 2010 123d EDC17 now tuned

We were able to help out a fellow 1 series owner that wanted his new 2010 123d tuned. It was proving hard for him as his car has the new EDC17 ECU’s that are coming locked from factory. (In case you are unaware, this is similar to when you guys go to get your 135i’s reprogrammed to get the latest software, and then you can no longer install your flash that you had previously as you now have the locked ECU). Anyway the customer had 2 local ECU ‘tuning’ companies that simply install overseas locked tunes into the car attempt to program his car and did reads but were unsuccessful in tuning it over the OBD2 port or getting around the EDC17 ECU in NSW. I spoke to the technicians at Powerchip who already had a solution ready to go for to this a while back and were able to get the customer to a dyno shop the next day to get the tune file done. The results were very good and the car feels very strong now. We upgraded the car by flashing it on the bench, and the dyno tests were all conducted on the same car, same day without the car even being unstrapped from the dyno.

[u2b]bXkMS4VQNP0&NR=1[/u2b]
Appreciate 0