07-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
Ivan_Sal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, 340iX (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen View Post
and then my question becomes why do you need 19s? It seems like every car, people want to 1 up rim sizes by an inch... got 18s? Nope not good enough, need 19s... Got 19s... nope need 20s. Even though you're sacrificing performance.

I always thought for looks 17s and 18s were the best on modern cars. Above that it starts to look overdone... But then again i will never understand why the whole stretched tire thing and "hellaflush" crap is appealing to anyone. Lets take a sports car and destroy every aspect of its performance by making it look like a retarded 4 year old designed it. Theres a reason muscle cars have small wheels when you could easily fit 24s in there. /Rant.

I think the 135i should have had the option for 19's; I mean take a look at the 1M coupe, E92's, or even the older E46 M3. They look just as natural with that extra 1 inch.

An no one is really putting 'dubs' or whatever on our cars anyways. The extent some people go with those rubber band tires is ludicrous. But a lot of these normal bigger wheels upgrade, weight close to, if not less than OEM wheels. So how is that minimal difference destroying whole performance of the car? The 5 profile less on tires, or bit extra weight on them(vs the RFTs) going to make such a difference? It's usually quite an upgrade.

I just meant that my current VMR wheels stick out past the fender @ 9.5". That's why I plan I going with a thinner wheel to try bring the car back to more of an OEM look

Last edited by Ivan_Sal; 07-19-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0