View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

Not really anything to compare to... you can cetainly get your launches, apex, entrances and exit rigth via the game but as for learning how to drive the track you need to understand what it feels like when there is tire roll, then how much roll can be applied before the tire breaks loose. there sway and yaw due to excel or deexcel in curves. you need to know th edifference between the two as well they both feel a little different but understanding which is which is critical to being in or out of control. The last thing you want to do is enter a corner too hot and not know how to handle it. Sometimes brakes are not the right answer becasue of how the car grips under power versus braking. for instance if you load up all the weight on your front right tire (turning left) and then brake guess what happens... your left rear becomes light and will loose traction. The idea is to have your vehicle as close to level the entire way around the track. you can change how it behaves by throttle, brakes and combos of both.

now that i have certianly scared you. Do this... for any first time trackee i recommend that you spend an extra couple hundred on an instructor that can take you around the track and give you tips on how to load the car into the corners. Dont worry about others making fun of you, they wont. they know if they do and you drive by them whe they hit the wall at 100 MPH you will be the one laughing.

Last rule. have fun and if your heart is beating out of your chest and your car is safe then you likely hit the limit of the car. Good for you.