View Single Post
      04-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Am i crazy for wanting to change the fluids at 30k?

BMW tells me i dont need to...
People with same car as me tells me i dont need to..
And i just went to a self service place where 2 techies told me i dont need to..
I look on any car forum and they all say 30k miles to change out most fluids.

I like to believe that BMW telling me not to change the fluid at 30k miles is a conspiracy or marketing ploy to benefit from maintenance required from failed parts after a warranty has expired.
I believe the lack of changing fluids will not result in immediate issues with the vehicle but will eventually cause problems down the road, possibly after a warranty has expired.

So how can i continuously be told to not change the fluids, its not needed?
Are new BMW's that awesome that "life time fills" are really legit?
I trust German engineering to be good but what about the fluids they fill the car with, dont they degrade, get dirty?
I think yes, and i think they all need to be changed moreso than BMW says they need to be.
So either its a conspiracy by BMW to have insane long intervals between services, or they are just that confident in their engineering.
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0