04-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Bavarian54bimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2008 135i

Michelin PSS Review

Greetings!

So it happened at last ! I ditched the ''Stupid RFT's'' as Richard Hammond say and installed the PSS's on my OEM tires ( and i was grateful to see that they are not cracked ) and the driving impressions were absolutely terrific.

It is no Placebo effect, it is for real , it's like Night & Day and thus i can certify that each day driving the RFT's is as per say a '' Lost Day'' .

Now the Bimmer is Alive, am getting back the telepathic connection i once had with my old E46 and the ride is light years better and having driven my ride for few 10's of miles i can't help but ask my self why on earth BMW have choosen to go with these Stupid RFT's.

Their Freaking Arguments :

Quote:
We chose to include Run-flat technology on our vehicles for the following reasons:

It is dangerous to stop on any road to change a tyre, especially on a motorway or at night.
There is no need to have to wait for a breakdown service to arrive.
Safety and security of the driver and passenger(s) is maintained.
Alloy wheels are difficult to detach from steel hubs.
On most cars the spare is under the contents of the boot, and uses boot space.
It can be tricky to line up the wheel bolt holes with the hub screw holes and match the thread.
The dirty punctured tyre needs to be removed and stored in the boot.
Another puncture before the punctured tyre is mended means one is stranded.
A driver can continue for 150 miles at 50mph with a punctured Run-flat tyre.
This argument is just nonsensical and it makes BMW drivers look like they're Stupid because all these Arguments above can be dismissed by only 1 sentence : Why the Hell Didn't you give the M Cars these same RFT's??? Aren't you Concerned by M car Owners Safety as Well ?? BS Guys!

Am sorry Bro's if you're on RFT's i highly recommend you testing a car with regular Tires you'll see what's up!

regards & thank you all for all for making me go the PSS way , it's like a New Car

PS: now my Signature looks Cooler with the Michelin PSS added

Last edited by Bavarian54bimmer; 04-10-2012 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0