View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 05:00 AM   #35
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Okay so I just got a qoute for the work.
I was gonna go with just the dampers but the guy at the shop somehow talked me into getting Koni adjustable coil overs, I want to keep the stock ride height though or maybe just a CM lower as I go through some narrow bumps at times.

if I were in your situation bselim3 I would get the bilsteins, I just might too, I am really undecided on dampers only or coil overs.

I would really like to know if the shocks alone really go with the M sport springs. If there is any chance they dont I will go with coil overs.

He tried to say I dont need rear bushings but I know I do and I want them so I dont get a disconnected feeling on the rear.

These are the prices I got, keep in mind I am in Australia where everything is more expensive! tyres are double the price but I am excluding them here.

cobb tune 995 supplied + 90 installed

airfilter install 50

fit tyres 80

I am gonna get PSS tyres.

M3 control arms + bushings 470

I am NOT getting sway bars as I do not track the car.

M3 rear subframe bushings 270 supplied + 1000 installed

koni shocks 6-800 supplied +500 installed
OR
coil overs 1299 supplied + 450 installed

I am most excited with the M3 control arms and PSS as it will make the car feel even more awesome

Edit I am now tossing up between a non adjustable kit and this: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-135...tein/ES248929/
I have contacted Bilstein to see if it designed for non RFT, or can this be answered here?

Last edited by ItsHectic; 02-12-2014 at 05:52 AM..
Appreciate 0