01-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #82
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
I thought of taking pics of my de-lipped car but then forgot. Here's a side pic with the BMW spoiler installed. Not VO but...
Dan, as you mentioned earlier the OE trunk spoiler creates some down force but it is "unmeasurable". And anyone who takes the 1M over lets say 180- 200 km/h for more than a few seconds knows that we need all the downforce in the world since the car has lots of lift at the rear (Sport Auto Super Test confirmed this). After installing the BMW Performance spoiler did you notice any progress (cause it looks like it is better shaped and quite bigger than the OE lip spoiler) or is it still basically the same "unmeasurable" downforce we must be expecting? And why do you think that it has much less planted feel compared to an M3 (I mean it is much less planted than my former BMW, E90 330 Msport over 200 km/h speeds); is it just the shorter wheelbase, or much worse aerodynamics or the quicker steering is contributing? (I am not an expert but my guess all of these are factors). Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0