View Single Post
      09-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #29
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

I am sure that you are telling the truth LuuZ so since your car has almost no power upgrade...is it like Sport Auto super test was done with a slowing down (or not pushing the car) at the final section?

Could it be because of this the 1M couldn't repeat, let alone better the 8.12 that BMW test drivers reportedly clocked during testing?

Final section is the only section where 1M was slower than the M135i and considerably slower than a M3, at the straight it reached a mere 243 km/h as von Saurma being the pilot...which I always found bizarre...more so now.

Having driven the Renault Megane RS 265 Cup myself a few months ago, a car who has a better Ring time than the 1M, there is no way that I will take this Sport Auto time as a reference for what 1M was/is capable of, it is way off. It is a so-so time coming from one of the most experienced Ring drivers on a traffic free lap, I am too old to believe in coincidences with a blind eye.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 09-29-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0