View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #63
cobra351w
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
I have good news for you. I was probably the #1 complainer about the slow roll throttle lag and I talked with my dealer about the issue for over a year. About a month ago I got a call to bring my car in because my guy in the service dept did some research and told me BMW was working on a fix. They finally have it. I'm not sure exactly what the software code is for it but it has pretty much completely alleviated the issue. Much more predictable and no more wondering when the car is going to move. Bring your car in and ask for an update specifically for the DCT cars. It has transformed the car and I'm finally super happy with it.

With regard to putting M-DCT software on our cars it's extremely doubtful - and in my case not necessary anymore. That software has to account for the ability to tweak those particular settings and we don't have the hardware to do that in our cars. It would take experts time to code the software and make it applicable to our cars. But like I said, don't worry about this option and get your car in for the new software update.
ParkNuts,

That's really good news, funny though my dealer in the uk yesterday , said there was not a fix, don't suppose you could give me you dealer name and contact mail/phone, and maybe I can get the two talking to each other...just maybe
Appreciate 0