05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
I wish the rivals came in sizes that were a better match for my wheels, etc. A friend was out there on them and he was less than a second behind me. Loves them, says they are the best tires he's ever tired, good at everything so far.

I've heard something about them backpedaling from full camber plates. Something about them maybe allowing slotting to get more camber? It'd be nice to know.

Pulling the pins and then camber plates are really the only two options for more front camber on our cars, right? There are no shims, etc...
aside from outright camber plates.. Correct.

I competed in an event this past weekend on BF Goodrich R1 tires. Not an SCCA style event so I decided to run the R tires over my RS-3s. I ended up .5 secs behind a very light honda CRX on BFG Rivals. The other two cars that finished a few tenths ahead were also full autocross/track machines on the Dunlop ZII (one was an E46 M3 and the other an E36 M3). I was fourth overall.

the TTOD driver said he likes the BFG Rivals, but when they got to the point where he thought he would have 10-15 runs left on them, he began to have issues with the shoulder delaminating.. which sounds like your experience with the MAXX race. This on a 2000 lbs Honda CRX with the requisitite motor swap.. CSP type car on street tires..... at any rate.. that doesnt bode well for heavier cars..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 05-06-2013 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0