11-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #16
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
The big issue with the tires has been that adding more camber up front did not cure the car's balance issues like I'd hope it would. Instead the car still understeers significantly more than I'd like it to with these tires on.
Thank you again Pete.
We have the same issues regarding shoulder wear without camber, yet understeer with camber
At worst, my vehicle (Clubsport at -3.3 camber and -1.0 toe) is shuddering and jarring on tight corners at 70km/h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Hey Timbo, have you look at the Trofeo Rs? It is becoming the tyre to pick for a few people especially from rennlist. I managed to puncture my tyre in the first session so don't know what's the track longevity is, but in terms of street life, I have driven probably close to 3000km now without much wear despite how soft they are.
Thanks Sparoz.
I see that early comments are positive, and have considered these anecdotal reports. However, the reported longevity seems short ie five or six events. (Treadwear rating 60 compares to rivals at 80 ... but not so relevant since they will be discarded after 1500km.)
In reality, the limiting factor for myself is driver performance (poor) not tyre traction, and changing tyres may demand further refinements to suspension
Appreciate 0