bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
I disagree. I added Maddads and sound increase was awesome. Adding Remus muffler a few months later got rid of the drone though.
I shouldn't have generalized. With all fairness, Remus has to be the quietest or one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts. Their design targets a particular tone and not a volume increase. I was leaning towards the Remus, but had concerns it wouldn't be loud enough for me.

The increase in sound from my Berk midpipe swap was most noticeable at the lower rpm range due to the stock rear section. The Dinan is at least twice as loud across the entire rpm range. Throttle response has improved beyond what I was expecting and there seems to be a decrease in turbo lag. Search for the Chinese exhaust issue thread to view how restrictive the stock exhaust internals are.

I'm not here to promote Dinan as I feel any quality high performance exhaust would net the same results, but I do have to give kudos to Dinan for controlling the drone.

My biggest gripe with the stock exhaust is it is too quiet in the mid to upper rpm range and you can't hear it on the track. I've received numerous negative comments at the track for how quiet my 1M was. How much better will the Dinan perform at the track? I hope to find out on Saturday.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0