View Single Post
      08-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
blotto649
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '04 996 GT3/'88 911 Carrera

I agree with bueller that it's really difficult to find a dealer who puts as much love and affection into your car as you do. I also agree with M3 Adjuster that it's unfair to blame the brand for the behaviour of an individual dealer.

Without knowing who you take your car to, here's what I would do based on past experience...

- first and foremost, take the car as it is now and give the dealer the opportunity to make everything right. Explain that you're extremely disappointed in what's happened with the car, and that any other errors will result in a follow-up with BMW Canada. If the dealer happens to be a corp. store, they'll take the advisement pretty seriously.
- most dealers use a "partner" body shop, often one owned my whatever parent company happens to own the dealer. If you REALLY have no faith in the dealer to resolve your issues properly, contact BMW Canada and ask to have the repairs expedited via another dealership (I've had success with this before). Then take your car to a dealer who has a good rep for body repairs (I love Maranello BMW who also owns European Autobody) - at the end of the day, BMW Canada pays the tab regardless of who does the work.

I used to get all heated about things like this and yell at service managers myself, but the fact is that people (often) make mistakes and I've learned to go in with a fair and diplomatic offer and keep the emotions out of it. I'd DEFINITELY demand a free loaner, and tell your dealer that you want the car back as good as new (or better) and that they have one last chance to make things right with you. Being in Belleville, there probably aren't many options for dealers nearby, so burning a bridge could cost you more time and money in the end.

Regardless of the path you take, I hope it all goes well.
Appreciate 0