View Single Post
      04-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #13
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

I've been shopping '09 135i and that price is in the ballpark. All dealers seem willing to knock a $1K off the asking price without hesitation. If serious and ready to buy, I would expect more. You don't say whether that is the final negotiated price or the "list price".

I struggled with CPO. In the end I went with a highly maintained private sale, but if buying from a dealer I would have only bought CPO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzem View Post
The last BMW I bought was a 318ti off the lot in '98. While that car was a maintenance nightmare, I would expect that BMW's made significant improvements in quality over the years.
FWIW, I owned a '96 318ti Sport for 14 years and 130K (bought new). Rock solid, minimal maintenance required, took a ton of abuse and only problem was window regulators. Nothing ever broke and I certainly was never stranded (unlike all the 135i going into limp home mode with bad HPFPs).

I'm *much* more nervous about my '09 135i and when it comes off warranty.

I don't believe there is any improvement in quality per se, but a more complicated engine (300hp TT N54 vs. 138hp NA M44) is going to require more maintenance and have more things to go wrong.
Appreciate 0