View Single Post
      09-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
ez311
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

European delivery questions

Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for a month or so and just decided to join. The new 135 looks like a sweet car, so I'm seriously considering European delivery next year. I'll have to drive one before I commit, so I've got several months to plan things out. I do have a few questions that I haven't seen covered yet.

1. It looks like the 3 series is >7% off MSRP when doing European delivery. Any reason to think the 1 series will be much different? Is 10% off MSRP a realistic target to shoot for in negotiating with dealers?

2. Most of what I've read indicates the initial 1 series for the US will be 2008 model year. What would be the earliest month that 2009 model year cars can be done through ED? I would assume that most 2009 model year cars arrive in the fall, so Im guessing late summer production in Germany?

3. Is the Lufthansa 2 for 1 special likely to be extended through 2008? Is this even a deal since you have to buy special fare tickets?

4. When trading in a car at the dealership for European Delivery, is this typically done before flying over to pick up the Bimmer? Or is this done after the Bimmer has been shipped back to the US?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but this post is long enough for now.

Thanks,
Eric
Appreciate 0