01-07-2014, 04:03 AM   #86
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimtbr View Post
Good to see this thread resurrected. Stig, ?, why would you worry about every pound, then put the pressure sensors in? Because of some stupid dash light?

After way too much tire research and not wanting to buy another set of wheels, I went with the BFG Rival 225/45-17 on 17x7.5-40, Sport Edition SE16 silver mesh. An amazing 30.8lbs lighter than stock setup. This on stock M sport suspension, which seems very low and rides like shit, but feels great on the track. Balanced up nicely and the sport editions have made it through one Michigan winter / dirt roads well (not sure that qualifies as functional/strong). Oh, as discussed much here, tire rubbing. NONE with this setup. never.
My impression of the Rival is it's ok. No lack of traction on our constantly turning Waterford hills racetrack. No crazy oversteer (on dry track). The are acceptable on the street noise and ride. One thing that made me think they are more of a beginners tire is the almost engineered squealing sound near the limit. They seem very robust though. Drove highway speeds in very heavy rain, and things are twitchy, but you wont end up in a ditch. They track very straight even through big puddles.

how will mysetup look or feel, rubbing maybe? i ordered 17x7.5 et38 square on 225/45/17 BFG rivals too. Im on H&R sport springs, just a tad bit lower then msport which i use to have. i also ordered Dinan camber plates for the front. (still have the springs)
Appreciate 0