View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 12:34 AM   #51
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by markslc1 View Post
Agreed, I am chasing my tail at this point. Pulling fuses seems stupid because the car does wake up when you pull some of them, which starts the whole process over. So you are suggesting going for the voltage drop test across the top of each fuse? I can take the glovebox out, but I would really need the lower dash piece (right side of glovebox) to come out as well. I was contemplating that.

To reiterate, the battery tested good and is the proper BMW unit coded by the dealer 2 years ago. No comfort access
Not 100% sure on the 1 series... actually come to think of it I think the radio needs to come out iirc to get the glove box out (the e90 is easier), but I'm sure you could access it if you take the dash lower cover off and reach your hands in. Yes if you voltage drop the fuses and you find any voltage on them then there is current running through. (We're talking .001-.002 volts)

Thing is you should really make sure there is a draw before going crazy... maybe take the cover off the back of the meter and check the fuses.
Appreciate 0