View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #186
DtE1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, MINI Cooper S

Some say actions speak louder than words.

Setup: Seldom do I park my 135i on the street after the neighbor across the street bumped into my front bumper with her Sequioa trailer hitch mount (she willingly paid for the repair, no problem). Her two college-age sons are home for the summer and are always coming and going in their Lexus IS250 and many of their friends come over for visits.

Action: Last weekend I had to park on the street since I was cleaning out the garage, and I kept a close watch on the street as I worked in the garage. I saw her sons arrive and park on the street followed by two more friends in a Civic who also parked on the opposite side of the street. Instead of going directly up the sidewalk and in their front door, all four crossed the street and encircled my 1er to check it out for a couple of minutes.

Conclusion: Don't know exactly what they said, but their actions told me that they were curious, impressed, interested, and maybe just a bit jealous. I got a good laugh out of it (and a clean garage).