View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
dknybmw31
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i, 07 335i,13 X3

Thumbs up BMW PS with Koni Yellow Review

After 200 miles of driving, I wanted to write a small/mini review of BMW performance springs with Koni Yellow Shocks. I was looking for something that had modest drop with improved handling. It's my daily driver and not a track car. After days of research and talking to other members on here, I've concluded the BMW PS and Koni yellows were the best option for me.

The car has transform! I'm able to take sharper, faster, and tighter turns. The body roll is eliminated (I also have m3 sway bar). On highways, going over bumps, the car is planted and doesn't feel jiggly. Ride isn't too hard, but I'm still running on run flats. I'll be getting my sumitomo tires on as soon as my VMR v710 arrives next week.

So far the drop on front is .25 inches and rears are .375 inches. I know some people experience no drop to .5 inches. I wouldn't want anything more than .5. And you can tell a difference before and after the suspension was done.
This car still has 200 or more miles before it settle for good and my new tires are going to be a little bit bigger 225/255 so the wheel gap will close up more.

Big thanks to Dan at United BMW for the springs/ bump stops and Harold at HP Auto Works. Got amazing deals on both of them.

Here are some photos:

Front stock:

Front BMW/Koni:

Rear Stock:

Rear BMW/Koni:
135i M Sport | Alpine white with Coral Red |MHD Stage 1 | |18 VMR 710| Icarbon Diffuser |CF Spoiler| |BMW Performance Exhaust |Black Kidney Grill | | Blackline Tailights | |Kerscher Front Lip | | BMW Performance Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks | M3 Swaybar
Appreciate 0