View Single Post
      09-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
t02t
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 135i

So my car went in for a recall........(N55)

... and came out with problems

my 3rd brake light recently cracked like many others on the forum and I made an appointment with BMW to get that replaced. When I brought in the car in the morning today they notified me that I'll also have a battery and programming recall done ( programming related to mirror and nozzle heater, I believe this is also the program recall that many have gotten that also quiets the idle sound amongst other unknown things)

Anyway so I went to pick up the car and on my way home the adaptive light icon showed up with an exclamation mark beside it ( I assume the headlight with arrows pointing left/right icon is for the adaptive light)

I got out the car and found that only the passenger side hid is on so I went home and swapped around the two bulbs only to that both bulbs are in fact working.

Now I should mention that I do have 6000k Phillips hid bulbs along with city vision led bulbs that I've been using for about 4 months now with no problems at all. ( but I tested the car with factory lamps and halogen Angel eye bulbs and still the driver hid is dead)

So my question is do you guys think the new battery / programming accompanied by the led bulbs + "aftermarket" hid's resulted in this?
I'm bringing the car in tomorrow to BMW again with factory bulbs but wanted to hear the opinion of fellow members

Thanks!