View Single Post
      05-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #42
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

So... I got this PM the other day from J-Sud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Hi Alex,

Do you know IF BMW has changed the specs for the 135i spark plugs? Switched from a four tip to a single tip. ???

Thanks,
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sud
I was looking at your DYI....I went and got new plugs from the dealer and they are single prong not 4....different part number too. 12 12 0 037 582.

Thoughts? I looked it up seems to be a for a 135i...

Jon

Hi Jon,

Humm... I don't know. When I search on RealOEM.com for those plugs they do show them. But for what spec 135i I am not sure. Is your car euro or USA or what land? Also N54 or N55 ?

Here is the plug you have...
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...12&fg=05&hl=34

When I look up my 135i (US specs) it shows this plug...
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...17&hg=12&fg=05

Q). Did your parts guy look up the spark plugs via your VIN ? Then it must be correct.

Personally if the only difference is one electrode vs four... I wouldn't worry about it. The four electrodes are for long life.. since the spark wears down four contact points slower than just one.

Maybe send a PM to Drivehard (Alex) he works for a BMW dealer in NY. Maybe he can shed some light on these new plugs!?

bye,
Dackel

hey dave,

didnt see anything by way of bulletins or anything ??? ill have to check, but i dont have access to what i need here.. ill have to get back to the thread on tuesday..( memorial day weekend here in the starts..
That is fine Alex. Your my go to BMW guy! I just did not hear about these plugs before.

Btw... there was another 1addict guy post in my spark plug DIY thread... that he bought spark plugs from BAVAUTO... and he got several misfire codes. I think he either broke a coil or damage or mixed up a coil wire connector. Or it could be aftermarket plugs - I have read on the e90 forum that a few guys had issues until they bought BMW plugs from a dealer.

Have a great weekend. I'm working right now on my Hockenheimring Tuner War GP pics. WHAT a great weekend in DE!!!

bye,
David
Hey David,

Ok here is the scoop..

135 N54

plug 12-12-0-037-050 ( unknown prongs ) replaced on 1/7/2008 by....

plug 12-12-0-034-087 ( unknown prongs ) replaced on 1/11/2008 by ....

12-12-0-037-244 ( 3 prong, not 4 ) in current production

135 N55

plug 12-12-0-037-575 ( unknown prongs ) replaced on 3/17/2009 by ....

12-12-0-037-582 ( single prong )

both of theses plugs were visuially confirmed and in my hands.

all application currenta s of this morning ..

(Please post on thread, as i could not find the one that you were referencing )

Regards,

Alex

Btw... J-Sud told me in another PM today his dealer gave him the wrong plugs. So... J-Sud... I think you should post your part numbers.

Also NOTE my failing memory as the plugs I used in my car were THREE pronged not four pronged.

Dackel
Appreciate 0