View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #79
TX135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe DCT

So I picked up the car today after the S/W update. The paperwork noted my complaints, and the corrective action said "DME software unfavorable", whatever that means. Then it says they applied "SIB 12 09 12".

I have tried to replicate the throttle repsonse problem scenarios (slow roll, stop then quick take-off, etc) and haven't had an issue yet but the jury is still way out. The problem happens often enough it should surface if it's still there in a day or two. I'm also trying to tell if there is the dreaded turbo lag problem so many have noted after a SW update. Jury is out on that too. My brain says it is there because I've read so much about it in this forum, but I just don't know yet, not enough time in saddle.

On the negative side, the exhaust sound has totally changed. I just have stock exhaust with the golf tee mod, but there is a definite loss of volume and cold start burble. On the positive side, it's a good reason for an axle-back system! I'm trying to decide on one now, been considering the Berk Street or Race, not sure which. For someone who never races or tracks, but likes a really good sound with some burble and pop (preferably without a lot of drone), what is the recommendation?
Appreciate 0