View Single Post
      01-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

VAC Motorsports | 2011 - Year in Review (lots of pics)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vacmotorsports
Journal: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593996

Well, I joined officially in June so you will get the last half of 2011 That is also when we joined the forums for the first time! It was a pretty crazy year - lots of shows, training events, races, track events and trade shows. You could have found someone from Team VAC in: USA, Germany, The Netherlands, UK, Lebanon and a few other countries. Hundreds of amazing cars came through the Performance Center - existing and new customers alike. It was also great to meet a lot of local chaps.

Huge thanks to everyone for trusting us with your projects, we really appreciate it. 2012 will be even crazier, trust me!

Below you will find some pics...a few events are missing. I'm focusing on actual events and VAC cars...with one or 2 over the top customer projects tossed in.

A few random snaps from early 2011:
HAAS 5 axis arrives to join our 4 other CNC machines:

Beautiful HPF E46 in for some paint work:

Performance BMW is in town to shoot the EVL BMR at FDR Skate Park down the street from our shop (more on EVL later)

Yani's S54 E30 is born at VAC. It's know as the 'White Elephant' (more on this later)

One of Bob's '02s:

We transform 'Bella' from a basic training car to a competitive race car in just 1 week. This was for the 'Devil in the Dark' 12 Hour at NJMP.

World's fastest 335i sighting: (sporting a VAC build diff)

May 2011

5th Annual SONIC Meet. We round up our 135i, our Touring Car, Anderson's GTR, White Elephant, Steve's E30 M3, Brian's E30 M3, Dave's Cayman and about 100k in parts and engines for the 5th Annual Sonic Meet. Great meet loaded with lots of enthusiasts. BMW content was relatively limited, but I hope that changes for 2012 - this event has a great purpose.
Sonic Meet Album 1 - 51 pics

Sonic Meet Album 2 - 119 pics

The Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run come into town, so we stop by with our 135i and STI. Great casual meet with some awesome cars.
Cheesesteak Run Album - 26 pics

June 2011:

BMWCCA Event NJMP. Congrats to Josh Koropchak for the Overall win in our E46!
June NJMP Event Album 1 - 39 pics
June NJMP Event Album 2 - 39 pics

VAC Open House. We are proud to invite all customers and local enthusiasts to our Open House. Free foods, gifts and general entertainment are guaranteed. You will find some cool cars and parts too.
Open House Album - 46 pics

///MPACT. Over 250 BMWs and exotic cars....great showing for the first year of this cool event! We brought our 135i, the White Elephant, Paul's 6sp supercharged 540i touring, our 135i, David's E46M CSL tribute and our Silver Bullet II. All cars were built by VAC. (we only did performance mods to the CSL)
///MPACT Album - 87 pics

July 2011

Silver Bullet II Testing. The car's first time out is a big deal, so VJ Mirzayan came out to drive it on our local track, NJMP. He used all of the 460hp to dial this beast in!
Bullet II Testing Album - 19 photos

EVIL BMR: Steve's 700hp Supercharged 3.2 S54 - going back to CA. We are proud to have built this one of a kind monster. VAC built - engine, head, throttle bodies, fuel, triple plate carbon clutch and much more.
EVIL BMR Album - 9 pics

Philips's awesome S14 powered E21 from Nova Scotia. KMS standalone, carbon box, Hartge etc. This car came in for the install of: a VAC built engine, head, OS Giken clutch, and some dyno tuning.
S14 E21 Album - 21 photos

Time to build a VAC E92 M3 shop car. In a few weeks of course - we want to debut it at Bimmerfest East. No problem From a car with $22k in damage to a BEAST in 3 weeks. In addition to the collision repair we fit the car with: VF Engineering VF620 supercharger, Brembos, BBS Motorsports wheels, Racetech 4009W seats etc.
VAC E92 Weekend Warrior Album - 27 photos

From this:

to this:

The VF Engineering VF620 joins Team VAC for 2 months. Good times had by all Nik and Paul from VF Engineering drove from LA to Philly in a few days to hand deliver the car to us (and join us at Bimmerfest East

August 2011

Bimmerfest East! Aberdeen, MD >1000 BMWs. We had a 60'x30' booth loaded with parts, engines, cars, VAC employees and models. This event was incredible - we had a great time chatting with old friend and making new ones.
Cars in our booth:
VAC E92 M3 Weekend Warrior
VF Engineering Vorsteiner widebody
VAC 2002 race car
VAC Silver Bullet II race car
VAC 135i
VAC Built S54 powered E30 M3 White Elephant
VF Supercharged E46 M3
Our E46 Touring Car was in the AEM booth.

Bimmerfest East Album 1 - 101 photos

Bimmerfest East Album 2 - 88 photos Andrew Ball

New Hope Auto Show - New Hope, PA: We gathered up a few customer cars and brought a few of our babies for this awesome show in New Hope, PA. Props to the team for sticking it out in the torrential rain on Sat and coming back for more on Sunday when they event was finally called. Good times!

New Hope Auto Show - 73 photos

S14 Motoring - E30 M3 25th Anniversary - Pocono Raceway Absolutely awesome event thrown by Nick et al. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. There was a track day that we missed as well.

S14 Motoring Album - 52 photos

DelVal BMWCCA Event - NJMP
DelVal NJMP Album - 33 photos

September 2011:

Bimmerstock - Glen Cove, NY One of a kind meet in Long Island. This was one of my favorite shows - the whole 'shut down a town and fill it with BMWs' really got me. Kudos to Martino Auto Concepts for this one! We bought the VF Engineering E92, our E92, David's CSL tribute and Nick's E30 M3.
Bimmerstock Album - 145 photos

BMWCCA Watkins Glen The guys packed the trailer and brought Bella, the Touring Car and Silver Bullet II. The SBII piloted by VJ took an overall win!

October 2011

NJBMWCCA DE - NJMP. Tony took our E92M out and hammered it. He managed to stay at the track for a few more days hammering it more The car performed flawlessly, even with street tires and brake pads.
NJMP DE - 52 photos

NASA NE Final Race NJMP
NASA NE Album - 60 photos

November 2011

Another trip to the Nurburgring: Since it was my first trip to Germany, Tony and Chris made sure we hit the infamous 'ring. Even though we went out in the rental car, it was still a blast! Just the parking lot alone was crazy cool.

Nurburgring Album - 62 photos

Cologne Carnival: L-R. Mazen - VAC Middle East, Polar Bear 1, Tony - VAC Founder, Stefan - Schrick, Polar Bear 2, Mike - VAC Biz Dev, Chris - VAC Op Manager. We had 3 layers of clothing on to deal with the cold...

2011 Professional Motorsport World Expo, Cologne Germany: This is the global premier trade show for the highest levels of motorsports. We were proud to return once again as an exhibitor at this amazing event.
2011 PMW Album - 67 photos

December 2011

2011 Performance Racing Industry Show, Orlando FL: We have been exhibiting at the PRI show for many years, but this was a huge year for us. 2012 will be even bigger!
PRI Album - 65 photos

Drag Racing with our Supercharged E92 M3: 2nd time to the strip we set the world record at 10.69@129. Cecil County MD, then Atco NJ. good times!

Appreciate 0