01-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #202
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
...Dackel's key point is something I was already trying to figure out, the type of fuel here, is it with high or low sulfur, I couldn't confirm it yet...

Is there a corperate structure for BMW in Chille? Maybe you could ask who ever imports BMW's to Chile. ?

I think the only countries that have low sulfur fuel is in Europe. Everywhere else has high sulfur fuels from what I understand.

Also... LL4 oil is backwards compatible to LL1 oil. Meaning where LL1 is spec'd... you could also use LL4 oil instead of. But you can not use an LL1 oil where LL4 is spec'd!

I think IF you go with short OCI (oil change intervals) this whole Long Life oil rating is moot. But still... I am using an LL4 oil here in Germany, in my US spec car, because we have low sulfur fuels in Germany/Europe.

Btw... I fully understand you wanting not to use your dealer's services. I would be "like minded" as well. Do your services yourself (or have an indo shop perform them)and keep good records and use BMW parts and approved fluids - and you should be fine. I would also suggest you buy a good code reader like the BT tool - for any problems/hicups down the road. Don't wiat until something crops up. Have a scan tool on hand.

Dack
Appreciate 0