Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
So I guess the verdict is there was only 1 car painted in something other than VO, AW, BSM in the factory?

Sorry I was away yesterday at Hockenheim Ring for the Tuner Grandprix...

UPDATE:

Yes, the pics I posted (above) now seem to have had their paint work colors changed after they left the BMW factory.

But to answer your Question... I think it was Scott26 who first said BMW will not make any 1M Individual colors.... then the bronze 1M broke cover and he said well... it ended up costing the owner five times the price of Individual paint(a 5K euro option) plus that SG 1M car had to be shipping from Leipzig to Garching and then back to Leipzig for shipping. And it took a long time to build, strip, paint, rebuild.

But it was also in that statement that Scott26 said there was only a "few" 1M's done by M in Garching for Individual car color program.

I know last year when I went to the //M Studio in Garching they had a picture of the "Prince of Bayern" (Bavaria does have a real Prince(!), and he is a big BMW fan...) anyways they said he was interested in a "different color" but when he found out the price (20 to 25K euros)... he just ordered a AW car. And btw... his car was a "stripper" - bc he thought the 1M is a real back to basics sort of performance car. I could not agree more.

Last edited by Dackelone; 05-26-2012 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: update...
Appreciate 1