View Single Post
      05-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

UPDATED Review: Pyspeed.com Key FOB Leather Holder with ///M Stitching

I just received my Leather Key FOB holder from Pyspeed.com.

http://www.pyspeed.com/BMW-Leather-T...-p/rd-8201.htm

As usual, Eric was quick to ship. Thanks!

The leather is very soft with a smooth feel to it. The stitching looks great and matches pretty well to the M colors. The leather holder is tapered down to match the tapered shape of the KEY FOB.

However, I think it's best to install the FOB "upside down" (but maybe this was how it was meant to be installed) as this is the best way to place the FOB in the holder. Placing it "upside down" gives you the ability to still access and remove your valet key. In addition, if you need to see to press your trunk release button, you can easily slide the FOB upwards to show the button. Of course, you can still press through the leather to hit your trunk button as well. If you install it the other direction, you won't be able to get your valet key out without remove the entire FOB from the holder. There is a small rod at the other end of the holder to keep your FOB from slipping through.

It's priced pretty cheap for good quality stuff. It's a great way to keep the black plastic of the FOB from getting all scratched up by your other keys or simply from laying your FOB on the table. I think it's a great mod for those with Comfort Access (which is like everybody, right?).

In my prior BMW, I know that my FOB was severely scratched by my other keys or due to placing it on the table just after 2 yrs, because it had no protection. I highly recommend this product as cheap protection for your FOB.

UPDATE: I saw Sean's cell phone pics below of how to properly install the leather key holder. Now that I know, how it's suppose to look...I like this mod even more! It turns out that the little plastic rod can be unscrewed and detached (no longer used) so that your key ring can slip through the two holes. I attached my main key ring through the side of the FOB that was NOT part of the valet key and through the tiny leather holes. This way, you can still easily remove your valet key without unwinding the key ring.

I give this product 5 out of 5 stars.

Last edited by frankzlin79; 05-08-2011 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0