View Single Post
      03-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
NHSkibm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30, F31, L434

I've had my car(s) serviced at two dealerships.

At first I had them serviced at a dealership 45 minutes away from my home where I purchased the car. They never seemed to have enough loaners and often I was stuck with an enterprise POS.

Then I met a service writer through a friend at a dealer 5 minutes down the road from me. I always get a loaner from this dealership. In fact, I get a 335xi most of the time - on occasion I've had an X3 and 328xi. I have received a loaner when my E36 was in for my wheels to be straightened (for a week), when my E46 went in for routine maintenance (including just an oil service), and even when my E30iX (awd and rareish) was down for a few days needing a wheel bearing and they had to order the part.

Obviously each dealer's policy varies as does the service writers (who control the loaners). This is where shopping the right dealer comes into play if your home location has the ability to purchase from multiple dealers.

I would highly recommend asking the policies at each and ever dealer as you decide where to purchase the car.
Appreciate 0