hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoz View Post
Anyone tried to space out the wheels to max... without rubbing of course?

Thanks
As soon as my 90 mm wheel studs from Vorslag Motor sports come next week I plan to go out in the driveway and play with spacers. I have Rouge Engineering 12 mm spacers and an old 18 mm H&R set from a E36 M3. I Plan to try them with some 18" wheels with 265 35 track tires with a square setup from my E46 M3. I can't do much other than try them on because I only have 2 of my track wheels. The other 2 are in North Carolina with my son. I want to see if it is worth the effort & expense to get them up here. If it is not too hot, I will do it as soon as the studs arrive next week and take pictures.

BtW I would advise getting Studs. It is so much easier to change tires with them. Since I am a lady, I don't have the strength to slap the tires on with bolts. I use the studs with the 19 mm Alloy wheel nuts from Rogue Engineering. These are longer than the usual nuts. I have SSR wheels and the opening are very tight. Also they don't rust. Another thing about the Rogue Engineering spacers is they have a place for you to pry them off with a screw driver head. Again because I am not strong the spacer can be a b**ch to get off after a winter. The above is essentially the setup I have been using since 1994 with my first BMW.

Hope this helps.

holly
Appreciate 0