View Single Post
      09-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #73
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

I just wanna add (might be too late) but capital one credit cards have zero fees when used in Europe and BofA customers can use ANY Deutsch Bank ATM and there are no fees. A combination of the two will allow you to complete a trip without any fees whatsoever. I withdrew 200 euros at the airport when I arrived and a week later I have about 100 left, I used the CC for most things.

As far as driving.... I have yet to see an idiot on the road here. The roads are not full of teenagers with fixed up civics racing and revving their engines. Everyone seems to be a polished driver. As M3adj stated these people pay a lot for their cars and associated fees/services and they are very attentive. You cant go barreling down the highway at 150mph and be careless. My driving habits are similar so it wasnt much of a change for me to incorporate into their system (highway). The city driving is a bit different but its mostly the signage and traffic light placement. No joke... right now Im some place where every street has the same exact name, they just add a number to it and google maps doesnt use the number so you get turn left on xyz then right on xyz then merge to xyz then left on xyz LOL what a headache to navigate here.

Sorry I responded late to this but Im in the middle of Germany
Appreciate 0