05-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #61
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BSM 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by msos View Post
Not sure how much you are pushing your cars, but I do about 80% highway driving and only pushing to about 4K on shifting and about 60% of the time I have left it in auto mode and I am only averaging 20.2mpg.......I am sure once I start pushing the rpms.........(only about a week more til 1200 miles) I will dip below 20mpg.........
Interesting, I have a 2010 135i with MT which is averaging 22.6 with about 1600+ miles. I limited the revs to 3500 during break-in, although I did hit 4500 accidentally two times. Most of my driving is mixed town and highway miles, top mileage maybe 40 per trip. I've been keeping separate gas mileage records on my iPhone (Road Trip) and the mileage between fill-ups vary as much as 4 or more mpg (no doubt due to the fuel nozzle not fitting properly into the tank filler neck), however the OBC seems spot on when compared to the overall average of the Road Trip app. Lots of 1Addicts say the mileage improves after break-in, so I'd be curious to know how your mileage runs, I haven't seen much improvement on mine yet. Just to note, it appears the 2011 DCT 135i is rated the same EPA mileage as the 2010 manual.

Even with all this talk about mileage, it seems nearly impossible to keep from dipping into the turbos. Keep up the posts!

pge
Appreciate 0