View Single Post
      04-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #21
QSH17Z
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 640d Gran Coupe

Very good to know you got your ECU back albeit later than expected. I'm very keen to hear about any further evidence that your car is now around 130i numbers. It would appear to be so far but I would love to see a dyno of yours against another similar 125i (would of course have been even better if you dynoed yours first ) and likewise a 1/4 mile time. I've already done the latter in mine and was not at all impressed with my times. Given my really rough guesstimate I reckon I was only getting 7 seconds flat for 0 - 100kph. But I do have a manual and it's a delicate art getting off the line. I know we've had discussions already about tunes via PM so how does this one compare from the point of view of potentially being wiped after a service at the dealer? Do they offer to reflash the ECU (at the expense of shipping it back again?) or is it once off? I think you know I still have two years warranty left and still two free services to go which I plan to take advantage of. I have read a little on their site but my German is hopeless haha. How much was the total cost (Tuning, shipping, duty? etc)? I've got no idea where the ECU even is but how difficult is it to remove? I still live in hope of realising my dream of a 130i coupe . Please PM me if you don't want to discuss here.