04-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #106
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
So what was this $0.50 part that was the magical cure? The fact of the matter is some of us have run into more significant problems as a result of putting on parts from Riss Racing. Unfortunately for me the O2 sensor damaged by their downpipes is a $200, that is 400x more than you had to spend. Not really a great thing. And the exhaust should be a bolt on, that's the way most after market exhaust systems are built. Yet their's is intentionally designed to require a lot of labor. It doesn't have to be that way, and it shouldn't.
So now the downpipes caused the 02 Sensor to fail

Keith a more logical expination would be the exposed 02 Sensor during install was hit/dropped etc...An 02 sensor will not fail by simply turning a car on and mild driving. Besides the fact this is a common replacement part on OEM & modded cars a like. Sensors fail all the time. Your sensor could have been bad to begin with. Some of the things you claim blow my mind. Like the oil leak caused by downpipes Oil doesn't pass through downpipes. The downpipes were also causing reduce power? When you then realized you didnt have the DDV Kit rear T-Bolt clamp on at all. The downpipes wouldn't fit at all. 100% your claim at Cobb. Then Stett got them on the car. PS your exhaust was installed on a local forum members car last night We took it off and gave him a new system. I will be having one of our local cars coming down next week to install both your catted downpipes, and exhaust with pics / video of the install
Appreciate 0