View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #28
ARougeVisitor
Registered
Rep
Drives: not a BMW :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBMW1 View Post
The 135i's are pretty damn fast. The fastest car off the line I ever owned was a 2010 WRX. It would fly from dead stop to 60 in about 4.7 due to the AWD grip and only 2 shifts to get to 60. I would surprise many cars- although after 60, forget it. I'll bet it would be pretty close to 60 versus a 135i although the 135 would take it at some point after that. The newer STI's are about the same to 60, maybe a tad slower due to an extra shift- 6 speed to get to 60 versus WRX 5 speed. Although they make up for it with the extra HP once they get going. And if the roads were wet- that WRX was almost untouchable- that's when I had the most fun with it!
I've been trying to get a race against my GF in her stock 135i 6spd, but she isn't very comfortable "shifting fast" as she says lol. I have a bolt on 03 wrx, still on the tiny TD04, but ported, polished, and with a heat coat. Track times suggest I'll get it in the 1/4, but I feel from a roll it would come around.

Reference times for mine are a 13.6, many years ago and mods not equipped, so I should be slightly quicker than that now. I ran hers, once and only once, with luggage in the car, to a 13.7.

You're absolutely right about the subarus falling off after 60 tho. I'd love a turbo swap (VF39, VF43, Super 16g), but I love the response I have for autox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
2 shifts to 60? the 135 only needs 1. May be close to a stock 135 but no where close to a FBO one...We run sub 4 seconds to 60 with a good launch.
On slicks maybe? Sub 4 seconds is supercar territory.
Appreciate 0