08-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #14
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Beautiful vids Dave; thanks for posting!

You just have the stock exhaust, don't you? Sounds good...

ianc
Yes Ian, I everything on my car is stock. Only thing I have changed are some perf grills and dark window screen/tints.

I think the reason why my exhaust sounds louder if because almost evry day I drive WOT - when I can - on the autobahn. I mean why not?

The 135 is fairly stable at high speeds. But like I have said after 130 mph is gets a little bit skiddy. And espcially at 155 mph you can feel the car follow the pavement groves/tracks.

I know some of the German guys with a tune say they can hit 300 kph (186 mph) but I can not imagine driving THAT FAST in a 1er. Maybe 170-ish but not 186!!!

The scariest thing is that after 140 mph the hood starts to move around ALOT!!! I did not notice it at first until someone mentioned it over here. I think it was that guy who had a speed record in a 135i in the states. NV ?
The hood really starts to bouce around at high speeds. I think this is why the 3er has two hood latches with the 1er makes due with one.

All in all the 135i is a fast stable car. I just think that with better aerodynamics and a longer wheel base... it would perform better abpve 130 mph. But then that is what the 335i is for!!!!! lol
Appreciate 0