08-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsunzhine View Post
im negotiating a VO....but im already looking for an intake and some other things....do u know bout this 2 intakes????...
As a rule of thumb, no air intake can give that much improvement if any. There is nothing wrong with the OEM intake. I wouldn't even change the oem filter. Credible studies have shown that most aftermarket filters don't filter particles as well as oem filters, which is not to say aftermarket filters are inferior in quality, but rather it's part of their design to have less filtration for increased air flow. High flow air filters are fine for racing applications, given that they are being run on a relatively clean environment of a race track and that the engine is either rebuilt or only meant to last for a few races. I honestly see no benefit in fitting aftermarket filters unless you are after aural aesthetics only. In fact, it would be more beneficial to change your oem air filter at half the normal BMW interval, compared to someone having an after market filter which they eventually neglect to clean on a regular basis.

Also, a lot of aftermarket intakes leave their filtration element exposed in the engine bay, which will cause the engine to suffer from heat soak if you are not travelling fast enough to supply sufficient cool air. I say, get your car first, get used to it, spend your money on improving your driving ability, only then decide on increasing the performance of your car.
Appreciate 0