08-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #220
DMM
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ask my bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
It was my first time out there with FBO. The other 2 times I've been I only had a tune and tyres.

Safe to say I would improve on the consistent 12.2* that I was getting as that was the first time I'd driven the car with that setup.

What brand and size were the tyres? Also, what rpm were you shifting at? The 60ft isn't bad it's just very average. I'm curious to know what happened as it seems you got out of the box okay then either had a bad shift or let off the gas momentarily?
Advan Neova....Possibly AD08, 265.

All isnt what it seemed. Out of the box was poor. If i went hard, no traction, went soft it would obviously bog, so i had to find a happy medium to get it up and out. Top of second gear was all wheelspin, and there is no point jumping off the gas and getting back on - its all over if i did(some say modulate the throttle, but need to remember DBW).

Only as good as your last run, so i know the car will be back at the strip soon! Plenty of juice left in it, 12.2 was easy pickings considering the MPH and the car stil had plenty of acceleration left crossing the line.
Appreciate 0