View Single Post
      09-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

As far as the US is concerned it seems its not even a full year of production for the 1M, its more like a HALF year!

The car started production (worldwide) in March and early September BMW sends a note to the dealerships in the US saying that allocations are done.

WTF BMW? You want to recapture a certain market, then pissing off wannabe customers. By showing them a car that they want to buy and then making half as many as people want in not the right way to do it.

Remember it seems to be a US only thing (what ever the reason may be, emissions or other) because it seems there will be at least some 1M production in 2012 for the rest of the world.

I have personally sent a message to BMWNA on their web site explaining my feelings about it and urging them to do something about it.

If you feel the same way, I would urge to also contact BMW and let them know that you want a 1M (and not an M3, not a 135 that you have to tune yourself) and can't get one. And no, you don't want to wait 2 years for the M2 or next gen M3 either.

Let then know you're not happy!
Appreciate 0