View Single Post
      06-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #108
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
The Misumi washers I used for the upper shock mounts came to $23.79 shipped. Not too bad. I couldn't justify an extra $500 for the DAs as I was only going for a "fast road" build.

The Misumi washers are a Shore 90, ether based polyurethane. Currently $8.19 each and ship in 7 days.
Fantastic. Thank you for working out how to install the shorter shaft Mtype SA damper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
When you order the 1m SA rear shock, TC sends the E46 part with the spacers for the lower mounting point, so I am assuming it is the same for the 1m and E46.

KEY NOTE IN HIS PICTURE ABOVE: you see he could not use the upper powerflex bushing. This is the issue I had when I ordered the single action 1m rear shock. I could not get the nut to thread using the stock or Dinan bushings. Once TC confirmed the DA 1M shock had a longer threaded shaft, I swapped them out. A lot of wasted time trying to get the SA to work and I had to spend more money, but it worked out in the end because I love the DA rear shock.

I have stock subframe, m3 LCA, and am using the bimmerworld toe arm for a non M e82. The only piece that is custom I believe is the little headlight level sensor bracket that mounts to the LCA. HPA makes one, but it only comes with their LCA kit.
Looks like HPA sells the level sensor bracket a-la-carte now for ~$50. Is there any reason to buy their lower camber link kit? The OE 1M/M3 link is cheaper.

Think the Misumi washer can be installed with the remaining pieces of the Dinan RSM?