03-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #97
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
Andre: Impressive! Really, really impressive! I wish I had your car control.

Afaik Andre has an AIM Solo in his car. I would assume he was using that for timing.

Timing and/or taking videos is forbidden during tourist traffic. Andre was driving during a trackday where the track is closed to public traffic. There and during the races you can time and record whatever you want.

There is an exception to the "no video" rule. You can rent GoPros from the Nuerburgring and if you are using a rental cam, it is permissible to take videos in tourist traffic. Is it adviseable? No. Especially not for someone that is new to the track. Cut the bs and concentrate on what you are doing. Sounds harsh? Believe me, it's not funny, when you have someone in front of you that is more worried about his camera than the oncoming traffic from behind. In addition, if you are not used to driving with a camera, chances are, that it will make you go too fast. This track has very few places where there is room for error!

Check out this page before you go:

http://20832.com/?rubrik=nordschleife&lang=eng
Thanks for the advices

Safety is the upmost important in these condition, i will not be holding the camera while driving... it would be safely secure and recording the whole time without needing input from me..

i guess i will see then how the conditions are... But rest assured that i will be keeping my right side and let all fast drivers pass by on my left (if possible)
Appreciate 0