View Single Post
      02-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
The black inserts pop out. There are 4 tabs (2 on each side of each opening) that hold it in place. You can press from the outside of the bumper along the inside of the "vent" and it will push the two tabs towards the center of the car and press against the plastic piece to release it. Then from behind you pull the plastic piece laterally towards the center of the car and it will release the other side.

I cut the mesh precisely so it fits into that space and snaps in using the same 4 tabs. Once in I bend some of it to hug the bumper, in the pic one piece has a portion bent and the other is yet to be bent thats why they arent identical. Its held in place exactly as the OEM plastic inserts.

The tabs are painted body color so I had to black those out. I used a combination of vinyl and flat black enamel.

I do have some extra material and I can make a few extra sets if anyone wants them.
cool. Any idea what the white parts are back there? I'll take a look at mine this weekend. If you have some extra for a set that would be great (maybe I could throw a little something your way? )
Appreciate 0