06-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I don't think either of them are accurate renditions of Coral though the 1st photo is much closer.
Much to my own chagrin I found that Terra is not the same as Terra Cotta. Terra is a great redish-brown that is available on the 3 series. Very sharp looking with either AW or SMG (not available on the 1 series, damn it). Terra Cotta on the other hand is very hard to find a sample of since it's not a standard 1 finish in the US. It is, however, also available on the X3 which you might find at a dealer. In person you can see why it's called Terra Cotta. It looks like a terra cotta pot. It's very orange as opposed to red or brown. It didn't appeal to me at all and I can only imagine it working well with an AW exterior. Coral is somewhat aggressive looking, but so is the whole car so it's fitting. You can also get the coral in the 3 coupes so you might be able to see the combo you're thinking of at a dealer.