Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
If we are taking about on the road straight line performance then we most certainly have to include gearbox, final drive, differential, etc.

JB4 in a 135 does 0-60 in what...low 4s? Seems obvious that this will outperform the stock 1M 0-60 given the times we have seen (4.5 best I believe). Once a software tune is available for the 1M it will certainly be quicker to 60 then the 135 as the power is better directed to the pavement.
Absolutely. The first thing I noticed after the Cobb AP was how inadequate the contact patch is on the 135. I posted this in another thread with regard to the quality of M parts vs the stock 135i parts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
When I replaced the front sway bar on my 135 with that of the M3, I was truly shocked by the difference in quality. The U-brackets on the M3 part looked like they were billet aluminum, ours look like cheap chinese-made imitation parts. The M division does not fuck around. While I find it amusing that they put the M on our shifters, wheels, steering wheels, and sills, our cars are miles from M and ergo do not deserve the badge on the back.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0