View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 03:34 AM   #80
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
panerai make hundreds of thousands of batches of watches and yet every watch they make is a limited edition, lol, limited to that batch, its exactly the same as buying a limited edition 320i, as it was limited to say march production in 2011. don't let the sales people make you feel special cos it has a number in a batch that they then repeat over and over, its a pretty feeble scam,
Err compared to every Seamaster or Submariner out there right? Every second person where I work has a Seamaster on their wrist. It's like the default first 'serious' watch purchase for people for some reason.

If you want 'mechanical movements' Omega's have a better history than Rolex. There is a pretty good reason the Speedmaster is the 'first watch worn on the moon'.

Rolex and Omega sell as many watches as they can. There is a reason why you can't get a steal on a PAM when you buy one. Try walking into a dealer and asking for a 320 or 111 etc. You'll be lucky if they have 1. Plenty of Seamaster's and Sub's around off the rack whenever you walk into the store.

If you are out an about, far more people who are into watches have commented on my PAM's or U-Boat than an Omega or Rolex in my experience.
Appreciate 0