View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

There really isn't going to be much difference between brands as they're all aluminum, besides some have a very obvious stencil/logo on them or being painted black from the manufacturer.

If people were to post what you want, everyone is going to be taking photos at different angles, different lighting, different flash settings, different cameras. That will matter MUCH more than which brand IC they have. If you take a shot outside in winter with the car facing south towards the sun, you'll see more of the IC than if someone else takes a photo at night with the headlights on and no flash. I bet you couldn't spot the different between a CP-E, AMS, VRSF, or Cobb from 10 feet away standing. Maybe if you got down and put your face into the bumper and knew some very specific differences, but it would be a challenge.

Your concern is 90% install and 10% which brand/model IC you buy. The 10% of the IC buying part is going to be covered by some obviously having logos stencils on, or being painted black from the factory, which you can see just looking at the photos the seller supplies.

If you want stealth buy a can of black radiator paint and paint the front face of your IC, or buy one that comes black. If you want flashy, cut out the honeycomb. Which brand you get will not matter much beyond the obvious.