View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #8
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
I have searched the threads and haven't gotten a clear answer to this. I have just ordered a 135is and have really been torn on the DCT vs 6 speed manual. I track my car a few times a year. I am tempted to get a DCT because I have heard much good about them. On the other hand I am unwilling to take any chance of overheating and getting into limp mode.

If there is any chance of overheating I'll stick with the tried and true manual transmission.

Anyone with experiences on this? I am in the midwest and have been to the track on some pretty hot days. I'm less concerned about the coolant since the 135is has an auxiliary cooler in addition to the oil cooler.
It happens and did it time and time again with our 135i at Laguna Seca. Down shifting going into 2 didn't yield a lower gear or any gear at all, the vehicle would coast in neutral until corner exit, then it figured out a gear should have been selected. The DCT behaves fine the first few laps and during cool down so it had to been temperature related.
Appreciate 0