View Single Post
      09-25-2017, 07:52 AM   #18
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

its also fairly common knowledge that BMW has been seeing an increased number of warranty related issues across all platforms. Im not surprised they are trying to tighten down the screws on anything they can and pull on any "lever" they can as well to deter people from doing this type of stuff. The fact is Dinan works with hundreds of dealerships around the country and obviously their warranty must be pretty solid for dealers to continue to do so , knowing their "customers" would be left holding the bag should something happen , BMW doesn't help which means if Dinan doesn't step up then the dealership looks really bad and that just doesn't fly in any business situation. If I recall I saw something like this from BMW way back in the day also, like maybe 8-9 years ago they pushed this same type of propaganda "oh don't modify your car" it voids your warranty blah blah.. The fact is BMW, MB, ford any car manufacturer simply cannot void your factory warranty on a new just due to the "presence" of aftermarket parts on the car. The vehicle manufacturer MUST prove those parts caused the "failure" of a covered component for the manufacture to deny warranty coverage. its really that simple. I personally don't read much into this other than BMW trying to control warranty costs that are obviously on the rise, that's no secret!
Appreciate 0