08-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #77
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Wait, the power gain from stock to ESS Stage 1 isn't much different than the typical N54 piggy back tune or the GIAC I saw on another 1M. Why mess with the numbers to make it look better than what it is? Your delta is not much better, really!

Any tune can make nice numbers if that is all you are after, but what about your IAT's, too high I assume? How does the car drive on the road? Throttle response?

You said the tune pulled all the way to redline, but I see it peak right aroud 5K and start to fall off from there!
First of all I never said my delta was any better than anyone else. I am merely showing everyone what I found when I dyno'd the car stock and with the ESS Stage 1 tune. The numbers are there and you and anyone else cna make what they want of them, but there they are.

I am not sure what the IAT's are, but contact ESS and I'm sure they will be happy to explain for you.

Yes, the car feels better than what the dyno shows. Am I not allowed to state my opinion and post up an actual dyno's? The car drives perfectly on the street, but pulls like a freight train on the hills by my house! The throttle response is immediate and the every day drive-ability has been retained with the ESS Stage 1 tune, except you just want to hammer the car everywhere. Ha!

Also, I just got back from a track day in Orange County with the 1M and the ESS Stage 1 tune. I had the car out on the track for six sessions of 20-25 minutes each and the car performed flawlessy! The oil temps barely got above 250 on a 85 degree day. Throttle response was perfect and immediate! I will be posting a separate thread on the track day soon.

Oh and when you get your 1M you can get whatever tune or piggyback that you want as it is your prerogative.

GTS
Appreciate 0