View Single Post
      03-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Regular old blue winshield washer fluid no problems so far. If you happen to use the power washer stations...esp on Ramstein... what ever you do don't use the brush unless you desire swirls and scratches. The best wash rack locally here is just across from the pentagon dealership. A little process I use is with a partner rinse down the vehicle well, put on the soap brush and have them (the partner) hold it over the wash mit you brought along and ensure you have plenty of suds. Sometimes I add a little soap to the mitt just incase. This I do for the times I can't get it at home and as a matter of fact did it at lunch to the wifes Mini. Just be advised they close the wash racks down on Sunday there and the one downtown Ramstein.
With this subject the law is you can wash on private property, unless you have an anal landlord who lives next door...like me. I just wait till she's out and fill up some buckets (Two bucket system) and some jugs of water (I find empty winshield washer fluid bottles work well) because I too have no hose.
Haven't tried the waterless stuff yet but been thinking about it.
Appreciate 0