Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM 130i 6MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 130i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37&TenCents View Post
I've also just installed my BMWP intake this week! Talk about coincidence...
I have a shark fin aerial I'm about to get painted and I'll throw that on. I was actually sent 2 so if you want the other I could send it your way??? haha
...I think our thoughts are connected or something. I've been looking at shark fin aerials on other cars for the past three or four days and was seriously considering it. There was a video from Germany of a 130i with an X3 one I believe? Anyway, might have to take you up on that offer... how much you want for it?

By the way, the intake sounds amazing. Finally got the chance to give it a good test today and the sound from 2.5k onwards is awesome!! Sounded even better on the track

Quote:
Your wire taps, do you have 2 grey wires from the license plate lights? I only have one by the look of it, wondering what to leech off of...
Hmm to me it looks like youre searching for the wire a bit further up from where they split into smaller bundles.. if you look all the way down, there should be a small bundle that goes into a rubber boot and through the chassis. Should be two grey wires with a brown stripe. I'll find you a better photo of what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Okay I think I know what the issue was.. there is a foam/polystyrene cover that needs to come out to expose the wiring loom further down... photos up in a min.

Last edited by JHS130; 09-08-2012 at 04:32 AM..
Appreciate 0